PTF is excited to meet you! Please join us for a Meet and Greet at Blue Grass Park on Monday, August 23rd at 10:00 am.
Please take a moment to let us know where you can commit to helping in the 2021-22 school year by completing a short SURVEY.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEER HOURS:
- Sixteen (16) hours per school year or Ten (10) hours for families with students in ONLY Preschool or Pre-K.
- Hours are earned by participating in PTF fundraising activities, participating in/planning PTF School Spirit events or in projects that either raise or save money for the school. Assisting with classroom needs includes, but is not limited to: Room parent, classroom helper, lunch/recess duty, driving to field trips/chaperoning (as arranged by the teacher for needed transportation and not to just “go along”).
- Purchasing items for school wide events may qualify as hours if approved by PTF board or the principal (receipts for purchases must be attached to your hour’s log.) Purchasing items such as snacks, supplies for your student, party items are NOT valid for PTF hours.
- Families will be required to pay $20.00 per unfulfilled hour.
- Service/Volunteer hours should be logged in the Service/Volunteer Binder located in the SUMMIT Office.
- Several opportunities to fulfill this obligation will be made available.
- Families have the option of paying $320 ($200 for families with students in only Preschool or Pre-K) in lieu of volunteering.
- Half of the required hours, 5 hours for families with students in ONLY Preschool or Pre-K and 8 hours for other families, are due January 15th and the remaining hours are due May 15th. Unfulfilled hours will be billed on January 15th and May 15th. Unless previously arranged, hours performed after January 15th apply to the second half of the school year and cannot be credited back to the first half of the school year.
Upcoming Parent Volunteer Opportunity!
The school library will need some volunteers for sorting and organizing books before school begins in September. This would be a 2-3 hour opportunity. Please contact Stephanie Miller if interested: email@example.com